Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Thunderwolf Cavalry Marine Assembled and Magnetized

Picked up a box this morning and I've been messing with my first TCav in between bouts of Skyrim.  I'm very pleased with the kit.  It would have been better if GW had included more options to customize the riders themselves, but oh well.  Space Wolf players have no shortage of bits.  Still, what I wouldn't give for some older Mark helmets with Space Wolf detailing.

Enough talk...the pics:

As you can see, there are some seem issues.  Mainly in the face.  I need to use more liquid green stuff.  I try to water it down so much that it's tough to gauge coverage until it's fully cured.





These models must be magnetized at the wrists.  Most of the weapon options are attached to fists rather than entire arm sculpts.  The power fist is a full arm piece, of course, so that is a bit of a hassle.  I can't help, but feel GW did this on purpose.  Fewer players magnetizing equals more models sold.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  I use the same size magnets as with my Dark Eldar.  If you're curious I include the size in posts below this one.


It looks like the magnet is not properly set, but that's because I had to shave off the top of the hand's wrist.  I made a noob mistake and screwed up my polarity.  These magnets are a bitch to pry out if you mess up.  For the record, I do not like the way these storm shields are attached to the top of the fist.  It almost forces stock assemblers to set the shield arm at a certain angle.
This is going to be my test model so I'm planning on priming him tomorrow.  Hopefully, I'll get some actual painting done as well!  Thanks for looking folks.

3 comments: