Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mark of the Wulfen Grey Hunter Assembled



I was procrastinating in regards to modeling a MotW marine.  I couldn't decide whether I wanted to make them bestial and almost werewolves or go with the fluff in the Codex.  They were depicted more as normal Space Wolves that had given a little too much of themselves over the Wolf inside.  Since I'm doing Bran Redmaw's Great Company and he's acknowledged as having more Marines touched by the Wulfen than any other chapter it was an important decision.(This is one of the reasons I chose Redmaw's GC as I'd already planned on having a MotW marine in each squad)

I decided that MotW wasn't full on Wulfen so making them werewolves would be a bit asinine.(No offense to folks who do.  This is just an opinion)


I've already done a tut on pinning the first arm, but here are a few more pics of the process done on the second arm.
I started with a left over assault marine chainsword arm.
I then removed the chainsword while leaving the pommel in place.
The rest is no different than the other chain axe posted earlier in the week.


All I have left to do now on the first squad is complete the Wolf Standard bearer...and lots of painting of course.  Look for primed pics of the Rune Priest this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment